As the snow melts away and the temperatures begin to rise, many drivers in Quebec are eager to hit the road and enjoy the fresh air of spring. However, before you embark on your next road trip, it’s important to ensure that you’re driving safely and efficiently. Here are some spring driving tips and techniques that you should keep in mind while driving in Quebec:
Westmount driving school special tips:
- Check your vehicle’s tires and brakes After a long and cold winter, your vehicle’s tires and brakes may have suffered some wear and tear. Before hitting the road, take some time to inspect your tires for any cracks, bulges, or other signs of damage. Also, check your brakes for any unusual noises, vibrations, or signs of wear.
- Watch out for potholes Springtime in Quebec, specifically Montreal means that the roads are often dotted with potholes. These can cause serious damage to your vehicle, so it’s important to be aware of them and drive carefully around them. Avoid sudden turns or swerves that can cause you to hit a pothole and damage your tires or suspension.
- Adjust your driving to the weather conditions Spring weather in Quebec can be unpredictable, with rain, fog, and even occasional snow showers. Adjust your driving to the conditions by slowing down and increasing your following distance. Also, make sure your headlights are on and your windshield wipers are working properly.
- Share the road with cyclists and pedestrians As the weather gets warmer, more cyclists and pedestrians will be out and about. Make sure you’re aware of their presence and give them plenty of room on the road. Remember to always check your blind spots and signal your intentions when turning or changing lanes.
- Avoid distractions Spring driving can be distracting with the beautiful scenery and the desire to roll down your windows and enjoy the fresh air. However, it’s important to remember to keep your focus on the road and avoid any distractions such as texting, eating, or adjusting the radio while driving.
By following these spring driving tips and techniques, you can enjoy the warmer weather while also keeping yourself and others safe on the road. Remember to always be aware of your surroundings and adjust your driving to the conditions, and you’ll be well on your way to a safe and enjoyable springtime road trip in Quebec.